This is, on paper, a fairly standard 386+ hack of Ruby. Mechanics are updated to gen 7 standards where possible, including physical+special split and new moves. It also features all evolutionary relatives of the first 386 mons, a dab of rebalancing, some added challenge, and a bunch of small changes to spice things up.
- Individual Pokemon have palette variations, similar to the Stadium games, dependent on their personality value.
- Team Aqua and Team Magma swap places for the Mt. Chimney section of the game, so you don’t have to fight two Fire specialists in a row.
- Surf encounters have been removed. There is still too much water, but now you can cross it in relative peace.
- Regi doors are open at the start of the game, so you can use them before the very end of the game.
- Some new areas have been added and old ones extended for the Kanto and Johto legendaries. A couple more have been added for convenience or other reasons.
- Refreshment-based healing items are easier to obtain in bulk, but cannot be used in battle to compensate.
- The TM list has been expanded to 92 TMs and 7 HMs. Dive’s field function has been delegated to an item.
- A new tutor in Fallarbor can teach your mon Egg Moves if you have another Pokemon that knows the move you want to teach.
- A new NPC in Lavaridge can train your Pokemon to work past their natures.
This hack is somewhat difficult by design. Enemy trainers do not use items from the bag in battle, but they compensate with meaner teams. Pokemon balance is a finicky thing; while I do play with Set Mode and without using items myself, I also know my enemies in and out and am okay with taking losses in battle. If you intend to nuzlocke this, be warned that I have a track record of making hacks harder than I set out to.
- Contests aren’t finished. You can run them, but they’ll be boring vanilla opponents, and the Berry Blender is only partly overhauled.
- Post-game is under construction. Kyogre, Deoxys, and one of Latias or Latios are unobtainable.
- The World map still needs to be updated; this will happen when I’m done adding new lairs for the legendaries.
- Attacks don’t automatically re-target in Doubles. It’s possible other weirdness happens there as well; the hack’s focus is on Singles.
Pokemon Good Ruby gba play online has been tested and does not contain any viruses!