This is a branch of the pokeemerald disassembly that is meant to act as somewhat of a demake of ORAS, with many changes and mechanics from ORAS (and later). The main exceptions being that there’s no Zinnia and since it’s Emerald it still has both Groudon and Kyogre being awakened.
- Built upon pokeemerald-expansion
- Uses pokeemerald-expansion developed by RHH for updated features. Most of the config options are set to Generation 6 standards.
- Day Night System (Credit: Sierraffinity)
- Uses Sierra’s Day Night system to bring night-time to Emerald. There are 4 time periods now; Morning, Day, Evening and Night. Wild encounters can be set depending on the time period but haven’t been changed yet. The Pokedex can also show Pokémon locations depending on the time.
- Following Pokémon (Credit: merrp)
- Your first member in your party will now follow you!
- DexNav (Credit: ghoulslash)
- You can search for and shiny hunt Pokémon in each area. The DexNav can be accessed from within the PokeNav.
- The Pokémon World Tournament
- Pokémon Black and White 2 introduced the Pokémon World tournament which allowed you to compete against the strongest trainer in the world. This hack brings that feature to Emerald and can be found in the Frontier’s Battle Dome. Players can also create custom tournaments through the use of custom eReader cards to load up to 8 custom trainers into the game.
- Battle Frontier Update
- In addition to the PWT, the Battle Frontier also now includes Pokémon up to Gen VI with movesets from smogon.
- Soaring (Credit: camthesaxman)
- Soar upon either Latias or Latios and see Hoenn from above! Also included is the ability to fly to routes as well as towns.
- Many More Changes
- ipatix’s High Quality Audio Mixer
- Decapitalisation (Credit: Wyrserth and AsparagusEduardo)
- Running indoors (Credit: TheXaman)
- Auto-run (Credit: ghoulslash)
- Reusable TMs
- TMs can only be bought once (Credit: Lunos)
- 100 TMs with learnsets for Gen I-VI (+regional form) Pokémon
- TMs have been removed from the pickup table
- TM overworld balls are yellow and Mega Stones have an animated overworld sprite
- HMs can be deleted
- Pokemarts sell based on No. of badges (Credit: ghoulslash)
- Like in ORAS some marts have a second clerk selling different items
- LGPE-style bonus premier balls
- More Bag pockets (Credit: AsparagusEduardo)
- Bag sorting options (Credit: ghoulslash)
- Increased bag storage
- Repeated field medicine use (Credit: ghoulslash)
- BW-style repel system (Credit: DizzyEgg)
- ‘Move Pokémon’ is the first PC option (Credit: AsparagusEduardo)
- Coloured nature stats
- XY-style Wrapping Summary Screen (Credit: Zeturic)
- Pokémon date met in summary screen (Credit: Bassoonian)
- ‘Move Item’ option in party menu (Credit: Zeturic)
- Press select to rearrange party Pokémon (Credit: Lunos)
- Short low HP song
- EVs capped to 252
- Gen 6 (Destiny Knot, Everstone, Pokeball inheritance) breeding mechanics
- Eggs hatch at Lv 1
- Pokecenters don’t count eggs (Credit: ghoulslash)
- Keyboard swaps to lowercase after the first letter (Credit: Jaizu)
- Use L and R to swap to Alolan/Galarian form and back in the Pokedex info screen
- Use L and R to change time of day in the Pokedex area screen
- Change Pokémon moves from the party menu
- No need to water berry trees on rainy routes (Credit: BuffelSalt)
- Reset clock by pressing R when viewing
- Check EVs and IVs in PC by pressing Start (after becoming Champion)
- Move name instead of TM name in shops (Credit: Duke)
- The Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town now only teaches Tutor Moves and not Level-up moves
- E4 rematches
- Overworld expansion
- Disabled the union room check when entering Pokecenters
- e-Reader functionality (Credit: CitrusBolt & Sierraffinity)
- givecustommon (Credit: ghoulslash)
- Sbird’s TM serialisation (Credit: Sbird)
- Increased save space
- Rival gives you strength, guy that gave you strength in Rusturf tunnel gives you Aggronite (like in ORAS)
- The Southern Island Event from ORAS is implemented
- Receive the Eon Flute from Steven in Sootopolis
- Steven also gives you the Mega Stone for your starter on Route 120
- TMs and Mega Stones are as close to their ORAS locations as possible, except for a few (mainly Mirage Spot ones)
- Wallace is a Gym Leader again (sorry Juan) and Steven’s the Champion
- Changed regi sprites to their doll sprites
- You can receive both bikes from Rydel in the same way as in ORAS
- Some Berry Trees next to the Berry Master’s house had to be removed because following Pokémon pushed the number of overworlds over the limit
- Wally only attacks Ralts once to avoid fainting it
- Sbird’s TM learnset method for 100TMs (Credit: Sbird)
- Spinda has a second frame (Credit Dat.H A and ShinyDragonHunter)
- Rayquaza is catchable only after the E4
- Soaring encounters
- Mirage Spots
- Soaring music
- Update Frontier Pokémon
- PWT Fixes and Improvements
- Wild encounter and Mass outbreak changes
- Put in regional forms somewhere
- Ways to change forms (eg. Deoxys, Rotom)
- Fix up followers
- Do something for legendaries
- Put in more Lilycove rooftop sales, specifically for evolution items
- Any known pokeemerald-expansion bug
- Followers don’t have the correct reflection palette if they come out next to a reflective surface (probably from me messing with their palette system)
- In the PWT there’s some issues like gym leaders with long names having it cut short in the tourney tree viewer and info cards saying they won with a move none of their Pokémon have.
This update mainly focuses on making Pokemon from other generations available
- Introducing Mirage Spots! After defeating the Elite Four and becoming Champion you may come across Mirage Spots while you’re soaring through the sky. Each day there’ll be three different Mirage Spots with Pokemon not normally found in Hoenn. One of those Mirage Spots will also have different Pokemon than it normally has.
- Wild encounter data in Hoenn has also been changed after defeating the Elite Four to include Gen I and II Pokemon.
- There’s a clear-out sale every day on the rooftop of Lilycove’s Department Store. What’s on sale changes each day and you may find items that can help Pokemon evolve.
- Evolutions normally requiring trading can now instead be achieved using mysterious Linking Cords, or if they require a held item during a trade that item can be used instead.
- The Battle Frontier Exchange Corner has been given an update. It now features more battle items to buy with BP from later games.
Small update mainly fixing bugs. Also working on Mirage Spots which will be unavailable until they’re finished.
- Wattson and Wallace now give the correct TM (and will give it out if you’ve already beaten them)
- Fixed TMs persisting between saves
- Fixed Ash weather palette tag
- Fixed snow weather
- Added mail items to the Slateport shop
- Fixed Pokedex Area Found screen when you have the National Dex
- Updated the banned Pokemon in Battle Frontier
- PWT trainers have their names correctly displayed now
Pokemon Glimmering Emerald gba play online has been tested and does not contain any viruses!